Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't allow him to do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen, bureaucrats, and politicians.
--Alexander Hope

Stuck on Roof for Katrina

Monday, July 16, 2012

Felling the pinch


Money's tight and the preps are low,I gotta find a way to make some dough!!We have been eating the stored preps to get rid of them because they are gettin old,but I'm felling really vulnerable with Hurricane season upon us.I have a side job to do tomorrow and will probably make a couple of hundred bucks which will be spent entirely at Sam's to replenish my staple stock. That should bring me enough for the ol lady and me to make it for a couple of months at least.I still have a good stash of meat in the freezers and should be ok unless we get hit with a EMP in which case I'm Fucked like most people.No gen set ,no solar I'm toast.I also need to stock up on some necessary daily meds we need to take,Synthroid,blood thinners, blood pressure meds.It sucks to get old and dependent on that crap.At least I have a months worth of meat on the hoof.By then the zombies will have arrived and I'll make my last stand.It's hard for me to believe I've let myself get this low on supplies but times are getting tougher every day so I just have to suck it up and keep on keepin on. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Rhino, it's the same here plus the drought. The harder I work, the more behind I seem to get. All we can do is keep plugging away at it.

    ReplyDelete