Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't allow him to do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen, bureaucrats, and politicians.
--Alexander Hope

Stuck on Roof for Katrina

Friday, August 19, 2011

My Man Cave is off the grid








Well after sweating my butt off all day I have my solar project complete for now.I can easily run whatever I need for now-lights & fans as well as misc stuff.Future mods will be to expand my battery storage but that will be as cash flow allows.Also will be looking for a better grade of panel but those will be much more expensive-probably 250-300 bucks each. It cost me approx 200 bucks to get this up & running as I got the battery for free and made the mounting platform for the panels out of scrap wood.The beauty of it is if a hurricane is eminent I can remove the panels quickly and store them so they will not get damaged in the storm.
I also have the portable back up to take inside the house as well as another panel setup still in the box that I bought on sale to use at a later date.
So all together I have about 500 tied up in solar back up to go with the generator set up.It has taken me years to get to this point a little at a time but I feel I am pretty well ready for anything that comes my way.But then again there's always My Turd Neighbor Mr Murphy.....Prep on





































1 comment:

  1. That is way awesome Rhino! hey, is that a cop car in the panel picture? LOL :0

    ReplyDelete