Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't allow him to do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, muggers, and rapists, and even more so for policemen, bureaucrats, and politicians.
--Alexander Hope

Stuck on Roof for Katrina

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Effort

The title says it all,So much to do and so little time. And to make it worse when you have to commute 100 miles round trip 6 days a week it doesn't leave much time for anything else. When you want to be prepared it definitely takes EFFORT. With the wife working now It's pretty much all on me.I sure got used to her taking care of the garden and feeding the animals.But like anything else you have to put in the effort to get it done or you have no one else to blame when the shtf and you don't have it together.I just caught a sale on chicken leg quarters foe 50 cents a pound so I bought 40 pounds.But now the fun begins,I had to break it down,vacuum seal in 8 piece packs and get them stored in the freezer. I keep a supply of frozen food for the hurricane season. The food stash is coming along well.I have about 50lbs of deer meat and about 30 lbs of deer sausage,a couple of pork roast,1\2 dozen rib eyes. 1\2 dozen rabbits, and a little fish in there as well.Speaking of rabbits I'm expecting 2 does to have a litter that's due in a week(more work). Also need to go to my buddies pond and catch a bucket of white perch as well.I won't eat any thing from salt water since the BP fiasco. Also I have trees that must be trimmed soon so i don't have shingle damage from wind.Also this debris must be placed in the burn pile and burned.My solar setup for the freezer is doing well I just need to get the extra set of panels out of the box and mounted and tied in so I have plenty of juice to keep that freezer running during the summer. The transmission went out on the truck last week and I think I'm gonna let my buddy with the pond have it for spare parts, he offered me $500 for it and I can put that money into my Bike.The way gas is going I will probably need to ride it some this summer.Also I need to come up with a new chicken coup this year(quick) as my present one is getting rotten and will not stand up to a storm.I also will be looking for about 25 chicks soon as the dog's got a hold of my 2 best layers. and the one I have left can not put out enough for the 2 of us to eat eggs everyday.Also the tomato plants I potted last week will need to go in the ground soon as well as a few more veggies i have in mind.Like I said EFFORT. well that's all i have time to write about now I have to get to work,Prep on.....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its high time, you spare some precious moments for your family too.

    ReplyDelete